For the Rebel South Africa office, we are looking for a senior consultant – with a view to an accelerated path to partnership – passionate about economics, finance and development in Africa, and growing a business.
Who we are?
Rebel is an independent, employee-owned, advisory group operating internationally from its home base in Rotterdam (The Netherlands) and offices globally, including Antwerp (Belgium), Jakarta (Indonesia), Johannesburg (South Africa), Manila (Philippines), Nairobi (Kenya) and Washington D.C. (USA).
Opened in 2002 with a view to make the world a better place, today we have 200 Rebels, working from offices around the world on projects in socially relevant sectors including urban development, infrastructure, mobility and transport, culture, healthcare and energy.
We provide financial and strategic advice to the public and private sectors including public policy design, economic analysis, financial strategy development, fund design, and transaction advisory. Our South African office is particularly passionate about realising the potential of Africa’s dynamic people and economies.
Rebel is non-hierarchical and operates on passion, trust and self-motivation. We encourage teamwork and sharing, innovation, entrepreneurial energy and continuous learning. Most importantly we strive to challenge convention and do what is different and right.
No change without a Rebel!
Are you a Rebel?
We are growing and on the lookout for new Rebels who share our passion! Are you a talented and curious individual with qualifications in economics, social science or business, wishing to make an impact?
- You are passionate about economics and development in the African context;
- You are strongly values-driven, with accountability and integrity being core to your centre;
- You have a postgraduate degree (preferably Masters) in Economics, Finance, Social Science or similar development-related field;
- You have 10 years work plus experience in consulting;
- You have at least 5 years management experience, leading teams towards achievement of goals;
- You bring a strong commercial drive combined with an interest in social and development issues;
- You want to build a business;
- You have excellent research skills, strong data-analysis capabilities, and experience in project management;
- You have an ability to solve problems on the basis of conceptual thinking as well as through application of quantitative analysis;
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate at all levels;
- You are an excellent writer with experience in drafting detailed narrative reports;
- You have excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills;
- You are a proactive self-starter who is able to be assertive;
- You are an effective team player and work well in a collaborative environment;
- You have an ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines;
- You are interested in working at the public-private interface;
- You are willing to travel;
- You are a Rebel.
What is this role about?
This is a leadership role, both in terms of contributing towards Rebel’s intellectual capital and strategic direction. The role also requires the management and development of teams of consultants.
This role will include:
- Managing and growing the business through new business acquisition, undertaking business management and helping to set the strategic direction of the business;
- Conceptualising and managing projects ensuring sound client interaction and the delivery of expert advice that meet client’s expectations and adds value;
- Taking the lead on the overall quality of projects and outputs delivered to our clients;
- Managing and developing consulting teams;
- Interacting and negotiating with clients;
- Interacting and supporting other Rebels worldwide.
- South African citizenship;
- At least 10 – 15 years general working experience, including prior experience in consulting;
- Previous management experience;
- Masters Degree in Economics, Finance, Social Science or similar development-related field (or substantial work experience).
Contact and applications
Send a motivation letter with your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communication will be with short-listed candidates only – if you do not receive any feedback within 3 weeks of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Rebel reserves the right not to proceed with an appointment of any advertised role.
All applications will be treated confidentially.