About IMG Rebel
As one of the leading U.S. infrastructure advisory firms, IMG Rebel in Washington, D.C. advises public and private sector clients around the world, helping them bridge the gap between their infrastructure needs and financial resources by focusing on innovative funding and financing, public-private partnerships, risk analysis, and alternative delivery strategies. IMG Rebel is an employee-owned company that prizes initiative, innovation, and insight in serving our client’s multi-faceted challenges in a cooperative and collegial environment. IMG Rebel is part of Rebel, one of the leading international infrastructure advisors, developers and investors headquartered in the Netherlands.
Our notable recent work includes:
IMG Rebel’s clients include governments, international financial institutions, and private firms in most major infrastructure sectors including:
- Climate resilience: infrastructure measures to address climate change;
- Technology: broadband, connected vehicles, transit ticketing, open loop payment systems;
- Transportation: highways and toll roads, bus and rail transit, intercity rail, and parking;
- Energy: renewable energy technologies including solar, wind, and hydropower;
- Aviation and ports: domestic and international owners and operators of commercial and general aviation airports and port facilities;
- Social infrastructure: government offices, schools, university buildings, hospitals, courthouses, stadiums, and other public buildings;
- Utilities: public and private organizations responsible for providing water, wastewater, and waste and storm water management.
IMG Rebel’s advisory service offerings include financial analysis and modeling; PPP transaction advisory; procurement strategy advisory; performance management and audits; PPP policy development and capacity building.
About the Position
IMG Rebel is seeking candidates for a part-time position that would focus on helping develop IMG Rebel’s business in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). The candidate is expected to be available at least 2 days/week, which can be organized flexibly to fit the candidate’s schedule. The candidate also has the option to increase the number of days worked, including during the summer months.
The candidate is expected to work out of IMG Rebel’s Washington D.C. offices, with remote work possible on an exceptional basis. The position would focus primarily on business development tasks, with a possible growth path towards becoming a full-time consultant. The duration of the growth path will depend on the skills and level of experience of the candidate.
- Monitor and analyze business opportunities: identify portals and websites for tenders, scan opportunities, inform the team of key (relevant) opportunities, and contribute to decision-making about whether to pursue opportunities.
- Coordinate and draft proposals: coordinate proposal efforts for key tender opportunities, including developing the proposal template, allocating responsibilities, coordinating with partners, tracking progress, collecting and formatting CVs and qualifications, and, as the assistant gains experience, researching and drafting technical content.
- Develop marketing materials: develop PowerPoint presentations and other marketing materials for potential clients or conferences.
- Monitor key networking events and opportunities: monitor events and networking opportunities, inform the team of key events, and attend on behalf of IMG Rebel if relevant.
- Develop organizational tools: develop simple organizational systems to enhance the efficiency of business development efforts.
- Translate documents: translate business development or project-related documents between English and Spanish.
- Contribute to project work: based on the assistant’s experience and skills, it is expected that he/she will increasingly participate in project-work (financial and policy advisory assignments) with a possible growth path towards becoming a full-time consultant. The focus of this project work could be Latin America/Caribbean but also U.S. work.
This position does not include travel. Should the consultant be promoted to a full-time consultant position, this would involve domestic or international travel of up to 25%.
The ideal candidate possesses the following profile:
- Bachelor’s degree reflecting strong academics, ideally pursuing a master’s degree in a relevant field (public policy, economics, finance, business, etc.)
- Some work experience showcasing excellent organizational and communication skills
- High level of competence in Microsoft Word
- Basic level of competence with Microsoft Excel and desire to become proficient
- Native Spanish-speaker with excellent writing and communication skills
- Passion for making an impact by contributing to infrastructure development in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Interest in developing skills in economic and financial analysis, including on U.S. projects
- The ability and drive to grow as a professional and contribute to business development and eventually also project work
- The ability to navigate and thrive in an entrepreneurial/flexible business environment
We strongly encourage people of color, women, and LGBTQ applicants to apply.
Equal opportunity employment: In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all, IMG Rebel bases its employment decisions on merit, qualifications and abilities. IMG Rebel is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter that tells us why you think you’re a good fit for this position (please be creative and concise), a resume, and a short writing sample on a relevant topic (English or Spanish) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates may be asked to complete a case study. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.