Rebel South Africa is looking for a mid-level Development consultant passionate about economics, finance and the African development sector at large.
Who we are
In 2002 we started Rebel because we wanted to make the world a little bit better. Today, about 160 Rebels are working from offices in Rotterdam, Antwerp, Johannesburg, Manila and Washington D.C. on projects in socially relevant sectors including real estate, infrastructure, mobility and transport, culture, healthcare, security and energy.
Rebel South Africa was started in Johannesburg in 2014. We are passionate about realizing the potential of Africa’s dynamic people and economies. Our specialized economic and financial expertise covers fields including urban/spatial economics, development finance, impact investing, public expenditure, organisational development, and PPP transactions.
Are you a Rebel?
We are growing and are on the lookout for new Rebels who share our passion! Are you a talented individual with qualifications and experience in the economic/financial development sector, with a wish to make an impact?
- You are passionate about economics and financial sector development in the African context;
- You have a postgraduate degree (preferably Masters) in economics, finance, or a development-related field;
- You have 3 to 5 years work experience in research and/or consulting;
- You have excellent research and writing skills, strong data-analysis capabilities, and experience in project management;
- You have a proven ability to solve problems on the basis of conceptual thinking as well as through application of quantitative analysis;
- You bring a strong commercial drive combined with an interest in social and development issues;
- You are interested in working at the public-private interface;
- You are willing to travel;
- You are a Rebel.
Some of our recent initiatives include:
- Designing an entry strategy into Zimbabwe’s banking, microfinance, and SOE sectors for an international development bank;
- Evaluating the African Development Bank’s PPP infrastructure projects across the continent;
- Performance expenditure review of the South African Government’s research, development, and innovation programmes for the South African National Treasury;
- Investigation into residential REITs and their potential to increase access to affordable housing finance in Africa for the Centre for Affordable Housing for Africa;
- BlueDowns Rail Link Stations property market and economic analysis for the City of Cape Town;
- Designing how to finance and deliver a major schools infrastructure programme for the Infrastructure Development Bank of Zimbabwe.
What it means to be a Rebel
To join Rebel is to enter a dynamic and enterprising environment with inspiring colleagues. From our offices in Rosebank, Johannesburg and as part of Rebel worldwide, you would drive initiatives in South Africa, Africa and elsewhere. No change without a Rebel!
Contact and applications
Interested? Send a motivation letter with your resume and curricular results to email@example.com.