Our ideal new team member will become a proud product owner of mobility dashboards and related data structures and guide further developments in this new business branch. You will be responsible for the development of dashboards and relationship management with our clients. You’ll also work on improving our internal processes and training our core team.
We are looking for someone who would either be happy to join us at our great office in Rotterdam, or lives somewhere near an airport with working hours that overlap at least 4 hours with the regular office hours in the Netherlands.
You’re the kind of person who:
- Constantly consumes information (breaking news, technology developments, funding rounds)
- Is an entrepreneurial self-starter – you naturally take ownership, look for opportunities, and do whatever it takes to drive results
- Is a team player who enjoys jumping on calls and collaborate with colleagues from different teams on a project basis
- Does not mind working under pressure with changing requirements
Our Professional Requirements:
- 3+ years of experience with data analytics and dashboard development
- Ability to determine relevant KPIs and interest in building insights that are actually useful for clients
- Understanding of and experience with automated data extraction from APIs, scraping websites, and subsequent cleaning of data
- Ability to design data structures
- Experienced with Python, R, and SQL
- Proficiency with data visualization tools such as Tableau/PowerBI and design programs
- Ability to successfully bridge analytics, public interest and business measures. You speak the language of both the private and public sector
- Considered an asset:
- Understanding of transportation policies and experience with mobility data APIs such as GTFS, GBFS, MDS, TOMP
- Experience with GIS and mapping tools
- Keen interest and linkage with problems and challenges at the public-private interface, in particular in a mobility and fare collection context
- Experience with ML techniques and processing big datasets
- Experience with data warehousing, ETL and ELT
What We Can Offer
- A varied job in a creative, entrepreneurial environment, where you’ll have a lot of responsibility and room to realize your own ideas
- Work with like-minded data wizards in Rebel and Springco
- Participate in mobility projects from all over the world
- A flat organizational structure with fun colleagues who gained experience in the public sector and in start-up environments as CEOs, civil servants and IT and business architects before starting their own consultancy business
- Opportunity to become a co-owner of Rebel
- If you join us in the Netherlands, you can eventually (post-COVID) make use of our great office where a world-class coffee machine, famous Dutch/Moroccan lunch and Friday drinks are included
At Rebel, we advise, invest or develop in various sectors such as urban development and infrastructure, transportation and mobility, education, healthcare and the social sector. A core discipline in the vast majority of our activities is building bridges between the public and private sectors of the economy. Our role in this field of expertise is threefold: we offer strategic advice to either public authorities or private-sector companies, we invest in projects and innovations, that is to say projects and innovations that we believe in, and we act as a developer: we find new companies or invest seed capital in promising projects or funds.
Rebel was founded in 2002 because we wanted to contribute to a better world in our own way. Now you can find more than 200 Rebels working from offices in eight countries around the globe: The Netherlands (HQ), the United States, Germany, Belgium, Kenya, South Africa, India and the Philippines. We also work on an ad-hoc basis in many countries.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please send your resume and drop a few lines about yourself, emailing Regina Lipták: email@example.com