Rebel is one of the leading international infrastructure advisors, developers, and investors, headquartered in the Netherlands. In its Washington, D.C. office, Rebel advises public and private sector clients around the world, helping them bridge the gap between their infrastructure needs and financial resources by focusing on innovative funding and financing, public-private partnerships, risk analysis, and alternative delivery strategies. Rebel is an employee-owned company that prizes initiative, innovation, and insight in serving our client’s multi-faceted challenges in a cooperative and collegial environment.
Our notable recent work includes:
Rebel’s clients include governments, international financial institutions, and private firms in most major infrastructure sectors including:
- Transportation: bus and rail transit, passenger rail, highways and toll roads, parking, bike/pedestrian trails, and microtransit;
- Social Infrastructure: government offices, schools, university buildings, hospitals, courthouses, stadiums, and other public buildings;
- Technology: broadband, connected vehicles, transit ticketing, bus electrification;
- Climate Resilience: infrastructure measures to address climate change;
- Energy: renewable energy technologies including solar, wind, and hydropower;
- Aviation and Ports: domestic and international owners and operators of commercial and general aviation airports and port facilities;
- Utilities: public and private organizations responsible for providing water, wastewater, and waste and storm water management.
Rebel’s advisory service offerings include financial analysis and modeling, transaction advisory, procurement strategy advisory, performance management and audits, PPP policy development, and capacity building.
About the Position
Rebel is seeking candidates for a full-time Consultant or Senior Consultant position, depending on your relevant experience.
- Financial analysis: Perform financial analysis and modeling of transactions and financial scenarios as relevant for client context;
- Report writing and presentations: Research and draft sections of deliverables (both in Word and PowerPoint format) that may include making recommendations from financial analysis of transactions, developing alternative financial and project delivery strategies, drafting commercial aspects of procurement documentation, and evaluating bids on behalf of clients;
- Client engagement: Inspire client confidence when engaging on inputs, project progress, and deliverables. Present analysis during client meetings;
- Business development: Contribute to proposals in response to requests from public agencies, multilateral development banks, private infrastructure developers, and other potential clients; and
- Other responsibilities: Contribute to our company by assuming ad-hoc responsibilities that are outside of day-to-day client work (e.g. supporting recruitment, developing marketing materials, etc.).
Travel: Once the world returns to “normal”, projects may require domestic or international travel of up to approximately 25% of the time.
The ideal candidate possesses the following profile:
- Two to five years of infrastructure experience with a public agency; financial institution; consulting firm; and/or planning, engineering, or development firm;
- Master’s degree in finance, economics, business, public policy, urban planning, or related fields;
- High level of competence in Microsoft Excel, including experience with cash flow financial models;
- Excellent English writing and communications skills;
- Spanish or Portuguese writing and communication skills are a positive;
- Passion for making an impact in Rebel’s focus sectors;
- The ability and drive to grow as a professional and contribute to business development;
- A proactive approach to your own professional development and a desire to become an owner of the business; and
- The ability to navigate and thrive in an entrepreneurial/flexible business environment.
We strongly encourage people of color, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employment
To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all, Rebel bases its employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Rebel is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter that tells us why you think you’re a good fit for this position (please be creative and concise), a resume, and a short writing sample on a relevant topic (up to 3 pages) to email@example.com. Shortlisted candidates may be asked to complete a writing, presentation, or Excel-based case study.