Rebel’s mission for 2021 is to avoid post-pandemic gridlocks and promote sustainable, inclusive mobility in urbanized areas. We are looking for someone who shares our vision and is passionate about achieving it side by side with our clients and partners.
Our ideal new team member wants to change how mobility is organized by creating and implementing data-driven decision-making tools for and together with our clients. If you have the nerd in you that keeps digging until it finds the right solution but also have the urge to present to clients, we are looking for you. We hope you have the ability to listen and the courage to make an impact by delivering what’s needed and (sometimes) not necessarily what the client asked for.
Our team’s history is rooted in policy advisory, deployments of payment systems for mobility and development of public private partnerships. Working internationally both on the private and public side is part of our DNA. Our team is a great mixture of different nationalities, personalities and skills. Some of us are trained in government policy, project implementation, IT, stakeholder and project management but no worries, you will be joining a few likeminded data wizards as well.
We work across Europe, Asia and North America, so we are looking for someone who enjoys international work so much that does not mind working at odd times of the day. The core team is based in the Netherlands, therefore preferably we are looking for applicants who live in a time zone somewhere between GMT +3/-6 or are based in California (due to our ongoing expansion in that region).
You’re the Kind of Person Who:
- Has grit, a sense of humor and the drive to make a difference
- Can easily switch between high level objectives and the nitty-gritty of the subject, and is not afraid to form an opinion and argue for it
- Constantly consumes information (breaking news, technology developments, funding rounds)
- Is an entrepreneurial self-starter – you naturally take ownership, look for opportunities, pick up tasks on your way that weren’t stated in your work description, and do whatever it takes to drive results
- Is a team player who enjoys jumping on calls and collaborating with colleagues from different teams on a project basis
- Understands that priorities can change daily and does not mind working under pressure
Our Professional Requirements:
- Experience enough to work independently, but have the drive to learn new skills and fulfill new roles in the team (ideally 2-4 years’ experience in a data-heavy environment)
- Ability to determine relevant KPIs and interest in building insights actually useful for clients
- Understanding of and experience with automated data extraction from APIs and scraping websites, and subsequent cleaning of data
- Ability to design and manipulate data structures
- Experienced with Python, SQL and versioning (Github or similar)
- Good sense of design and proficiency with data analysis and visualization tools such as R, Power BI/Tableau, RShiny, Plotly Dash and other design programs
- Ability to carefully listen to client needs and successfully bridge analytics, public interest and business measures, and speak the language of both private and public side
- Considered as an asset:
- Understanding of transportation policies and experience with mobility data standards such as GTFS, GBFS, MDS, TOMP and awareness of any other standards that are ‘popping up’ and might be useful for our clients
- Experience with GIS and mapping tools
- Experience with ML techniques and processing big datasets
- Understanding of statistics
- Experience with data warehousing, ETL and ELT
What We Can Offer
- Varied job in a creative, entrepreneurial environment, where you will have a lot of responsibility and room for realizing your own ideas
- Working with likeminded data wizards in Rebel and Springco
- Driving mobility projects from all over the world
- A flat organizational structure with fun colleagues who gained experience in the public sector and startup environment as CEOs, civil servants, IT and business architects before starting their own consultancy business
- Opportunity to become a co-owner of Rebel
At Rebel, we advise, invest or develop in various sectors such as urban development and infrastructure, transportation and mobility, education, healthcare and the social sector. A core discipline in the vast majority of our activities is building bridges between the public and private sector of the economy. Our role in this field of expertise is threefold: we offer strategic advice to either public authorities or private-sector companies, we invest in projects and innovations, that is to say projects and innovations that we believe in, and we act as a developer: we find new companies or invest seed capital in promising projects or funds.
Rebel was founded in 2002 because we wanted to contribute to a better world in our own way. Now you can find Rebel offices in eight countries around the globe: the Netherlands (HQ), the United States, Germany, Belgium, Kenya, South Africa, Canada and the Philippines. We also work on an ad-hoc basis in many countries.
If you recognize yourself in this description and you want to be part of a fun team that’s changing the future of mobility, send your CV and a few lines about why you are interested to firstname.lastname@example.org.